Sunday, April 3, 2016

CUT TO ThE CRDS!!!


Have been traveling again and keeping my grand girls! I am posting several cards for you since, I will leave again soon. I hope to see some of your samples ! This card is so beautiful that the picture does not give it justice!  The background is a sparkle paper that is dark purple, the die cuts are in cream and turquoise and they give it such a pop of color! The edge die sis the new stampin up die from the wildflower set. It is very different and versatile in use. Had a great time making these with my stamp friends Debbie and Lorna! 

I just love this look so thankful that my stamp friend Betty reminded us of it!  This project is on a purple verigated shimmer sheet. It has a texture of  plastic mixed with metal and hold she very well when put into embossing folder.  The folder gives it the look of being hand carved. After embossing I sanded the raised portion to remove the color and that really makes the design more vivid and totally changes the look. It is backed on lighter purse and placed on a darker rule card base. The Happy Spring sentiment is framed with the same colors. Once you try this out you will not be able to stop! I had difficulty finding the shimmer sheet in the local stores so I googled for them. 

This is a Heartfelt die cut and one of my faves! Lorna and I attend a class and are so excited that Scrapin Good Time In Corsicana is going to host a class July 14th! Check out her website as I am teaching there too! 

Corner fold gives such a boost to a card shape! This card is cut from a full piece of card stock.  It is the standard card base size extended the length of the card stock, then cut a point on the end and score so that you can turn the point back. The fold then becomes the focal point on the front of your card! I covered the card with matching designer papers, and added the bird house with little bird and the large pearl, and the stampin up die cut butterfly! Email me with your questions and stamp order debsegler@gmail.com ! ENJOY! 

1 comment:

  1. I would really like to try that SU! die used on the first card. It is beautiful and really gives added interest to the edges of your card!

    ReplyDelete

Card Making Therapy

This card lets the die cuts do the work! The first layer is flat and the next one is on dimensionals.  I love the elegant style and this two...