Monday, September 16, 2013

Rocking R Retreat Bird Card

Hello stamp friends! I have not posted in a while just been doing my thing.  This watering can stamp is so pretty and I have really enjoyed coloring it with my copic markers.  I first embossed the white card stock background, with a dry embossing folder, that I had added color straight from my stamp pad to the folder.  The raised side of the folder. Then I ran it through the big shot to emboss. The ink grabs onto the design and gives a pretty shade to the design. Try lots of colors and even use several colors on one folder! It can change the whole look of your project. And for you scrapbookers this is a wonderful background to place a photo over on your pages.  I promised my scrapbooker friends that I would try to give them more scrapbook tips so that is the one for this post!  I colored the can and birds then fussy cut it out before adding it onto the background. Hope it inspires you to try a new technique! Remember if you mail me a card sample I will send you a sweet surprise in the mail, and post your card to my blog! Debbie Segler 14916 Riverside Drive Little Elm, Texas 75068   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Card Making Therapy

This card lets the die cuts do the work! The first layer is flat and the next one is on dimensionals.  I love the elegant style and this two...