Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Sea Horse and Sea Shells

Hello my stamp and card creative friends! Yes, I have been out of town again, but back and trying to get caught up! I went to San Antonio to coaching school with my sweet husband, and we had a great time!  I got to visit with several friends and shop and enjoy some wonderful food and fun. We then came home by Huntsville and visited with our son Kyle and his wife Ashley. They have their first wedding anniversary coming up June 2nd.  I am getting ready to go to Caldwell with a group of five stamp buddies to a new retreat there for four days!  This card is one that my stamp friend Betty and I made a while back but I love this design, and will use the base design for a card at the Caldwell retreat.  I love the swirly background stamp, the die cut label in black and the colored die cut out of designer paper.  The sea life is stamped and cut out by hand and added onto the top of the label.  We added bling in black and silver on the swirls.  The very background of the card is designer paper with more swirls stamped on it and even though very little shows on the edges it gives the card a feel of deeper dimension.   The card base is black card stock and helps the design to pop even more.  This design could be used with a wide variety of stamps and pretty summer colors is what I plan to use at the retreat.  I will post the new sample soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Card Making Therapy

This card lets the die cuts do the work! The first layer is flat and the next one is on dimensionals.  I love the elegant style and this two...