Friday, January 13, 2012

How Sweet the Smell!




I love flowers and love to get fresh ones don't you? Here are some very pretty ones I am sending your way! The card on the left was made using eggplant card stock, newsprint designer paper, and the card base was embossed with one of our many beautiful folders. I love lots of layers and texture in cards and the folders are one of the easiest ways to add that extra to your cards. The flowers center is graced with a vintage looking brad that is again my kind of "WOW" ! The red card has a polka dot embossed base, a stamped and punched flower, and the beautiful red ribbon to seal the deal. I added the last card with the blue flowers to give you your motivation for the day. It is smart to remember that tearing the card stock to get a different looks adds another design element to your project, after tearing, accent with what I call icing. It is like icing a cookie or cake, pick your color of ink pad or stampin up marker and go for it! I also like to ice the edges with a sponge ( yes I do save all of those out of my make up and fragrance gift boxes) and I also like to use a dauber, that fits on the end of my finger with a sponge tip. Those sponge eye shadow applicators work too, so get to repurposing things and just play to see what you can design.( Did you see my green fingers? That is my best applicator and always with me! LOL) When you like the color, size and accent pause and place it on the base of your card to see how it looks. Try using a bright accent color, and you can get a very different look and feel to your card/project. The last card is clean and simple and the stamped cup cake, cut out and glued onto the button just gives it a little extra fun! I hope you send me sample!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Card Making Therapy

This card lets the die cuts do the work! The first layer is flat and the next one is on dimensionals.  I love the elegant style and this two...