Saturday, July 11, 2015

An INCH AT A TIME You don't have to move a mountain !

Hello stamp Divas! I have been on the run this summer and not posting much. I think most of you have been busy too, as I have not been getting any feedback. Today is a lucky day for the first three that respond to my blog by email or comments.  I will send you a surprise gift in the mail so be sure to include your mailing address and email!  This card was one of my faves this summer!  I saw one like it on Pinterest, but I could not find the stamp set even though I know I have it!  I have several rolling bags to unpack from retreats, and I am moving slow as usual. I mixed two sets to design this card. I stamped my design on the white card stock, then I stamped the two large flowers again along with the sentiment on another white piece. I punched the turquoise with my one inch punch that looks like a postage stamp outline.  Next I punched the stamped flowers with a one inch square punch making sure that I got some of the center of the flower in the punch.  I used the center of the flower to line up my design and placed them on pop dots to attach to my card. I used a glitter pen and outlined the details in each flower, and it looks beautiful, it is not showing up in the photo. Each inch design has some bling on it too. This card is so pretty and I will find a special friend to share it with.

I was feeling a little blue yesterday and I found an old church directory from College Station Texas. I called several ladies that I had not heard from in five years! One of them had just had her 100th birthday! She is just the most wonderful, full of life, lady I know. She made me feel so good and lifted up, and I had called to do the same for her! She reminded me how loved I am and how God is so great to us! It gave me a day full of love and smiles to get to visit with her! So, here is your assignment for the next week. Pick two people that you have not contacted for a while and make them a special card. Get it ready to mail and then call them too! It will bring you such a boost that you will make it a habit! Hugs and stamps! debsegler@gmail.com  979-255-0377

No comments:

Post a Comment

Card Making Therapy

This card lets the die cuts do the work! The first layer is flat and the next one is on dimensionals.  I love the elegant style and this two...