Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Birds, Velum, and the icing on the card!



I have been under the weather for a few days now so just getting some new cards up for you. The first card is for the birds! They are so cute and everyone seems to love this set. You can also add small flowers and butterflies inside the cage.  The next card I made with my stamp friend Ann, she had us stamp on the velum with the flowers ands then stamp the leaves on the white card stock. It gave the card a very satin look and and the the little flower button added the right accent for the sentiment.  The last card is embossed with white on melon mambo cardstock. The flowers are stamped and then iced with a sponge dauber for the center and edges.  I love the icing technique as you can add color to anything and it gives a depth and focus point.  I am hosting my card workshop August 31, 6:30 and would love to have you come and stamp and visit with all of us! Call me if your close to Little Elm and want to join in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Card Making Therapy

This card lets the die cuts do the work! The first layer is flat and the next one is on dimensionals.  I love the elegant style and this two...